Things To Do In Hampton Roads
When you retire to one of the beautiful Hampton Roads communities, you may find yourself needing some local entertainment-and lucky for you, the Hampton Roads area is filled with numerous activities for retired community members to enjoy!
Hampton Roads Lifestyle
Retiring to the Hampton Roads area is truly a dream come true. Not only do you have your pick of amazing retirement focused neighborhoods, but you also have a wide variety of activities to enjoy. From hiking and sports to rafting and clubs, there is something for everyone’s activity desire and level.
According to popular vote, the follow is the list of the Top 20 Favorite Activities to enjoy while living in Hampton Roads:
- Back Bay National Wildlife Refuge
- Busch Gardens Europe and Water Country USA
- Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel
- Children’s Museum of Virginia
- Chrysler Museum of Art
- Colonial Williamsburgh
- First Landing State Park
- Great Dismal Swamp National Wildlife Refuge
- Historic Jamestown and Jamestown Settlement
- The Mariners’ Museum
- Nauticus & The Battleship Wisconsin
- Norfolk Botanical Garden
- Ocean Breeze Waterpark
- Virginia Air & Space Center
- Virginia Aquarium &Marine Science Center
- The Virginia Living Museum
- Virginia Sports Hall of Fame and Museum
- Virginia Zoo
- Wright Brothers National Memorial
What do you think? Would you agree these are the Top 20 things to do in our area? Anything you would add to the list? I would add horseback riding, for sure. The Hampton Roads equestrian centers are some of the best, in my opinion, and I find that nothing is quite as relaxing as a wonderful horseback ride through our beautiful countryside trails.
Of course, the Hampton Roads shopping is really second to none, so anyone that loves to shop should check out the wonderful variety of unique local stores and specialty boutiques.
Until next time,