What a joy retirement is! All of a sudden you have all of this free time to explore your interests and invest your time in a favorite hobby. From sewing to collecting antiques, I know many seniors who have hobbies that they say have enriched their lives.
For those of you who haven’t yet discovered your passion, the Hampton Roads area has several different hobby-related events going on in the month of February. Considering the array of events related to hobbies that are going on this month, you’re bound to find something that you’re interested in pursuing in your spare time.
Experience the Joy of Having a Hobby at These Hampton Roads Area Events
The following events will give you all the information you need on that hobby you’ve been meaning to try out lately:
Art with Heart art show: Come check out the works of such local artists as Bob Langston, Brandon Thompson and Joshua Polito. The art show is partnering with the Foodbank of Southeastern Virginia for this event. Bring a canned food for a chance to win some local art and support the cause.
- When: 8 to 11 p.m. on Feb. 2
- Where: Jewish Mother Backstage, 320 Granby Street in Norfolk VA
- Admission: Bring a canned food for a chance to win some local art and support the cause
- More Info: Call Brandon Thompson at 757-803-3629
Irish Brooch Program: The Tidewater Irish American Society will hold a special meeting in which member Heather Burns will present a program on Irish Brooches of the Celtic Revolution. Burns will discuss the art of collecting antique Irish and Irish-attributed brooches made during the Victorian era.
- When: 7 pm on Feb. 3
- Where: Church of the Ascension, 4853 Princess Anne Road in Virginia Beach
- Admission: Free
- More Info: Contact Lynnette Fitch Brash at 757-518-0005
Antique Show: The “Antiques to Flea Market” show offers an eclectic collection of antique wares. Bargain hunters and serious collectors will be amazed by the selection of silverware, art, prints, musical instruments and more at this show.
- When: Gates open at 10 a.m. and close at 2 p.m.
- Where: Antiques to Flea Market, Middle Street Garage in Portsmouth VA
- Admission: Free
- More Info: Contact Judi MacDougall at 757-405-3500
Prayer Group: The Women of TRUE DELIVERANCE OUTREACH MINISTRIES will host a Prayer. A Love donation of $7.00 is requested for the meal.
- When: 9:30 a.m. on February 19
- Where: True Deliverance Outreach Ministries, 9 South Court Street, Suite 201 in Windsor VA
- Admission: $7
- More Info: Contact Patricia Cannon at 757-274-1381
Purchasing a Hampton Roads Home for Sale
As the can see, this areas contributes to a high quality of life for its Hampton Roads residents by providing them with an array of recreational activities to choose from.
If you’d like to learn more about all that there is to do in the Hampton Roads area or would like to learn more about the Williamsburg or Hampton Roads real estate market, then contact me, Diana Rondinelli, your Hampton Roads real estate expert.
Until next time,