Are you the kind of Hampton Roads senior who enjoys learning about this country’s history and forefathers? Or are you the type of person who prefers to attend social events where you can meet other seniors form the area?
No matter what your interests are, there’ s sure to be a Hampton Roads event in the coming week that will appeal to you. Check out some of these fantastic events going on in the next couple of weeks:
Botanical Club Meeting: Do you have a green thumb? If so, then consider checking out the Virginia Bonsai Society, which meets on the first Thursday of each month. Here you can discuss various species of plants, indigenous and non-native.
- When: 5:30 p.m. on March 3
- Where: Holly Room of Baker Hall at the Norfolk Botanical Garden, 6700 Azalea Garden Road in Norfolk, VA
- Admission: Free
- More Info: Call (757) 441-5830
Joint Replacement Seminar: Just because we’re getting older doesn’t mean we can’t remain active, as long as we take care of ourselves. Attend this free seminar if you’re thinking about or have been approved for a joint replacement surgery. Here, you’ll learn about everything from the types of anesthesia that are used during surgery to what to expect after you’re discharged.
- When: 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. on March 3
- Where: The Health Resource Center of the Bon Secours Mary Immaculate Hospital, 2 Bernadine Drive in Newport News, VA.
- Admission: Free
- More Info: To register or for more information please call (757) 886-CARE (2273).
Battle of Hampton Roads Event: Join local museums in observance of the 149th anniversary of a prominent battle in the American Civil War, the Battle of Hampton Roads. Enjoy living History demonstrations, behind-the-scenes tours, music, lectures and more at this weekend long event
- When: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on March 5 and 12 p.m. to 5 p.m. on March 6
- Where: The Mariners’ Museum, 100 Museum Drive in Newport News, VA
- Admission: Museum admission fee
- More Information: Contact Wisteria Perry at (757)591-7744
101 Years of Broadway: Enjoy the highlights of some of the best Broadway numbers during 101 Years of Broadway. This musical recreates those big moments on stage with creative new arrangements.
- When: 7:30 p.m. on March 10
- Where: Sandler Center for the Performing Arts, 201 Market Street in Virginia Beach, VA
- Admission: $29, $39, $50, $60
- More Info: Call (757) 385-2787
Investing in a Hampton Roads Home for Sale
Everywhere you look it becomes more and more evident that Hampton Roads is the kind of place that appeals to all ages. If you’re a senior who wishes to remain active during retirement, Hampton Roads might be just the place for you!
While you’re at it, feel free to check out some of the other resources I’ve created for seniors just like you, including:
Until next time,