Sometimes I am taken aback by all the the amazing activities that are available to Hapmton Roads seniors. From arts and crafts to sporting events, there always seems to be something going on in this incredible community.
Here’s just a sampling of all of the great activities in which you can partake this May.
Investing in Hampton Roads, VA Real Estate
“Which activity do I pick?” will be the big question for Hampton Roads residents this month – not “What is there to do around here?”
Fort Monroe Historical Society Meeting: Hear from guest speaker Michael Moore, curator of Lee Hall and Endview Plantation, as he discusses The Civil War in Eastern North Carolina.
- When: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. on May 3
- Where: Golden Corral Buffet, 1123 West Mercury Boulevard in Hampton VA
- Admission: Free and open to the public
- More Info: Call David Johnson at 788-3935
American String Quartet Performance: This famous quartet, who performs every year at the Aspen Music Festival, consists of Julliard-trained musicians. Here them in all their glory with pianist Andre-Michel Schub.
- When: 10:30 a.m. on May 3
- Where:Miller Studio Theater at the Sandler Center for the Performing Arts, 201 Market Street in Virginia Beach VA
- Admission: Tickets are $20.
- More Info: To purchase tickets or for more information, call 757-282-2822 or visit www.vafest.org
Golf Tournament: The Virginia Conflict Resolution Center and the Better Business Bureau will host their 20th annual golf tournament. A portion of proceeds will benefit Youth Violence Prevention and Family Mediation Services.
- When: 1 p.m. on May 5
- Where: Eagle Haven Golf Course, Bldg 3690 Little Creek NAB in Norfolk VA
- Admission: $125 and up
- More Info: Call 757-480-2777
Relocating to Hampton Roads, VA
See what I mean? The Hampton Roads area truly is an amazing place to enjoy your retirement.
If you’d like to learn more about all that there is to do in the Hampton Roads area or would like to learn more about the Williamsburg or Hampton Roads real estate market, then contact me, Diana Rondinelli, your Hampton Roads real estate expert.
Until next time,