Are you a retiree who’s interested in living in a community that celebrates active senior living? Then consider checking out the Hampton Roads area of Virginia.
Every month, there are a ton of senior friendly events going on that appeal to every interest!
Hampton Roads, VA Living
Here’s a look at some of the fun events going on in the Hampton Roads, VA area this month:
15th Annual American Indian Festival: Come celebrate traditional American Indian story-telling, dances, demonstrations and more at this annual festival!
- When: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. on June 4 and June 5
- Where: Chesapeake City Park, 900 Greenbrier Parkway in Chesapeake VA
- Admission: FREE
- More Info: Call 757-382-6411
12th Annual Blackbeard Pirate Festival: Celebrate the culture of pirates – including children’s activities, a treasure dig and even on-street skirmished – at this annual festival in downtown Hampton!
- When: Jun 03, 2011 – Jun 05, 2011
June 3, 5 p.m. – 11 p.m.; June 4 10 a.m. – 11 p.m. with fireworks at 9 p.m.; June 5, 12 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Where: Downtown Hampton on Settlers Landing Road
- Admission: FREE
- More Info: Call 757-727-0900
36 Annual Church of the Ascension Festival and Craft Show: This festival has all of the features to make for an enjoyable day, including a wine tasting, silent auction, bake sale and more!
- When:Jun 03, 2011 – Jun 05, 2011
June 3, 6:30 – 9:00 p.m.; June 4, 9:00am – 8:00; June 5, 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Where: Church of the Ascension, 4853 Princess Anne Road in Virginia Beach VA
- Admission: Wine Tasting Tickets are$12.00; Food costs up to $5.00; everything else Free
- More Info: Call 757-495-1886 ext 22
Relocating to the Hampton Roads, VA Area
Hampton Roads really is one of the best places to live in the country if you are an active senior.
- Hampton Roads Safety Tips
- Questions to Ask Retirement Communities
- Fun things to do
- Home Remodeling Tips
- Hampton Roads Senior Directory
- And more!
Until next time,