If you’re a recent retiree looking for a community in which to settle, I highly recommend you check out the Hampton Roads area.
This area has gained a reputation for being a fantastic place to enjoy your retirement as it celebrates active senior living.
Enjoy these Hampton Roads Area Senior Friendly Events
Here’s a sampling of some of the fun activities that Hampton Roads seniors will be enjoying this June:
Oldies Music Dance: Come listen to your favorite rock & roll, do wop and cha cha songs at this community dance that celebrates the music from decades past.
- When: 6 to 8 p.m. on June 16
- Where: Western Branch Community Center, 4437 Portsmouth Blvd,Chesapeake,Va
- Admission: $3 at the door
- More Info: Visit www.windsofgrass.com
Benefit Dinner: Enjoy a sampling of the South as local chef Christopher Hill prepares southern gourmet tapas in order to raise money for the American Red Cross. The money will specifically help those recently affected by regional tornadoes, storms and floods in the South.
- When: 7 to 10 p.m. on June 17
- Where: Granby Theater, 421 Granby St. in Norfolk VA 2351
- Admission: $40
- More Info: Contact Ken Suddith at (757) 289-9610
Star-Gazing Excursion: If you enjoy the kind of serenity that only the Great Outdoors can bring, then register for this star-gazing excursions. Participants will travel through the Back Bay National Wildlife Refuge and into False Cape State Park. There, they’ll enjoy observing the night sky and listening for owls.
- When: 8 to 10 p.m. on June 18
- Where: False Cape State Park, 4001 Sandpiper Rd in Virginia Beach VA
- Admission: $10 per person
- More Info: Reservations required. Call (757) 426-7128
Hampton Roads: A Paradise for Active Seniors
Hampton Roads is an amazing place to explore all of your interests during retirement.
While you’re at it, feel free to check out some of the other resources I’ve created for seniors just like you, including:
- Get Active
- Questions to Ask Retirement Communities
- Hampton Roads Safety Tips
- Hampton Roads Senior Directory
- And more!
Until next time,