Hampton Roads is an exciting place to live, especially if you’re a retiree. That’s because there’s always plenty of senior-friendly activities going on each and every day of the week.
Here’s a look at some of these upcoming events that you could be enjoying too if you were a Hampton Roads, VA area resident:
Barbecue Fundraiser: Come support the Eastern Virginia Medical School Stelitz Diabetes Center during the 17th annual Cookout for the Cure.
In addition to doing something good while enjoying fantastic barbecue, you’ll have the opportunity to get to know other Hampton Roads area residents. There will also be live music and children’s activities – so feel free to bring your grandchildren as well.
- When: 4 to 8 p.m. on June 23
- Where: Naval Station Norfolk’s Fleet Recreation Park at Hampton Boulevard and 90th Street
- Admission: $20 in advance, $25 at the door with discounts for military, seniors and children between ages 4 and 12. Parking is free.
- More Info: Visit w.evms.edu/cookout.
Swing Dance Lessons: Have you been wanting to try a new hobby but couldn’t decide on what? Why not try swing dancing lessons? For just $40, you can learn the basics of swing dance over 6 sessions. No partner required!
- When: Sessions start at 7:30 p.m. on June 23, run through Aug. 4
- Where: Williamsburg Community Building, 401 N Boundary Street in Williamsburg
- Admission: $40
- More Info: Call 757-328-8884
Butterfly Society Mini-Festival and Plant Sale: Come marvel at the beauty of butterflies and shop around for some plants to take home at this mini-festival, hosted by the Butterfly Society of VA.
- When: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. on June 25
- Where: Hampton Roads Agricultural Research and Extension Center (AREC), 1444 Diamond Springs Road in Virginia Beach VA
- Admission: FREE
- More Info: 757-214-1110
Relocating to the Hampton Roads, VA Area
Hampton Roads, VA truly is a fantastic place to live if you’re an active senior who wants to make the most of your new-found free time.
While you’re at it, feel free to check out all of my helpful senior resources, including:
Until next time,