The Hampton Roads, VA area has become well known over the years for being an ideal place to enjoy retirement. That’s because there are so many amenities offered to those residents who are 55 and better.
But more than that, Hampton Roads, VA also emphasizes a high quality of life, no matter what your age.
Continue reading to learn more about some regional attractions that draw thousands of visitors to the area each year.
Enjoy These Great Regional Attractions in the Hampton Roads, VA Area
Here’s an overview of just some of the amenities that are conveniently located near the Hampton Roads area, which residents can enjoy each and every day:
- The Historic Triangle: This iconic region of the Hampton Roads, VA area includes historic Jamestown, Jamestown Settlement and Yorktown Victory Center in Williamsburg.
- Colonial National Historical Park: Operated by the National Park Service, it includes a scenic 23-mile parkway known as Colonial Parkway that links Jamestown, Yorktown and Colonial Williamsburg.
- James River Plantations: Historic plantations where crops like tobacco were grown.
- Colonial Williamsburg: Considered the largest living history museum in the country, Colonial Williamsburg can actually function as a real town and attracts thousands of visitors each year. Here you can see how children passed the time, people made clothing and more during the Colonial era.
- Kingsmill Resort and Spa: If you’ve always envisioned yourself enjoying regular rounds of golf in your retirement, then I recommend you check out this award-winning golf course, one of many in the Hampton Roads area.
- The National Maritime Center: This Norfolk attraction showcases the Battleship Wisconsin as well as provides tours of the nearby Hampton Roads Naval Museum.
And be sure to check out several of the other museums in the Hampton Roads area, including:
- The Mariners’ Museum in Newport News
- Virginia Living Museum in Newport News
- Fort Monroe, “Freedom’s Fort” in Hampton
- Virginia Air & Space Center in Hampton
- Naval Shipyard Museum in Portsmouth
- Virginia Sports Hall of Fame & Museum in Portsmouth
Hampton Roads, VA: Where the Quality of Life in Unbeatable
Even without all of the festivals and special events that come to the Hampton Roads area, there are a ton of ways to spend your free time with the local museums and attractions alone!
I’ll be happy to tell you about available listings in the area, answer any questions you might have, and provide you with such helpful home buying tools as:
Until next time,