It was a good month on the Hampton Roads real estate market, especially for interested home buyers.
Not only did the median sales price drop, but so did the average listing price!
Continue reading to learn more about recent activity on the Hampton Roads real estate market, and how it may affect you as a home buyer.
Hampton Roads, VA Homes for Sale
Here’s an overview of the most recent real estate market data for the Hampton Roads area, based on the real estate website Trulia.com:
- Currently there are 62 resale and new homes on the market, including 2 in the pre-foreclosure, auction or bank-owned stages.
- Between August and October, the median sales price for a Hampton Roads home for sale was $175,000, which represents a decrease of 10.2 percent when compared to the same time last year.
- During that same period, the average price per square foot for Hampton Roads homes was $109, down 9.9 percent when compared to the previous year.
- Last year, the median sales price for homes in the area was $194,950.
- During that same period, the number of home sales in the area increased by 190 percent.
- During the week ending on November 23, the average listing price for a Hampton Roads area home was $221,887, which represents a 1.8 percent decrease when compared to the week before.
- Last week, the average listing price was $225,961.
Your Hampton Roads, VA REALTOR
I hope you found the above information helpful as an interested Hampton Roads, VA home buyer.
As an experienced Hampton Roads REALTOR, I specialize in helping Baby Boomers find their dream home on the local real estate market.
I offer these interested senior home buyers such helpful tools as:
Contact me today to see how I can help you on the Hampton Roads real estate market!
Until next time,