Here in the Hampton Roads area, we have a fine appreciation for the performing and visual arts. Nowhere is that more evident than on our local events calendar, where you’ll find a number of theater performances being held each and every week.
In fact, the communities in the Hampton Roads area do a fine job of providing residents with plenty of recreation amenities, whether it’s trail walking, the performing arts or something else.
If you consider yourself a thespian at heart who has an appreciation for the theater, I suggest you check out some of these great productions coming to the area soon.
Radio Golf Play: Now in its 32 season, the Virginia Stage Company will present August Wilson’s Radio Golf, which examines African American life in the 20th century. The premise of the play is that HarmondWilks may be come Pittsburgh’s first black mayor if secrets from his past don’t ruin his chance.
- When: March 29 to April 17; times vary
- Where: The Wells Theatre, 110 E. Tazwell Street in Norfolk VA
- Admission: Tickets range from $10 to $45
- More Information: Call the theater at 757-627-1234
Waiting for Godot Play: Enjoy this Nobel Prize winning play from playwright Samuel Beckett at the Williamsburg Regional Library Theatre this week. At its core, the play addresses the human experience of fear, hope and more. The premise is about two hobos who spend their time waiting for a Mr. Godot who they believe will save them from their meaningless lives.
- When: April 8 to 17; times vary
- Where: Williamsburg Library Theatre, 515 Scotland Street in
- Admission: Adults are $18.50, Students are $15.00, Groups of 10 or more are $17.00
- More information: Call 757-784-3588.
The Story of Jesus Play: Experience the life, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ in this local play, aptly title, “THE PLAY, the Story of the Man Called Jesus.”
- When: April 14 to 17, times vary
- Where: New Life Providence Church, Deep Creek campus, 423 Shell Road in Chesapeake, Virginia
- Admission: Reserved tickets are $12 and $15, with group discounts for groups of 20 or more attending the same performance at $10 each.
- More Info: Call 757-961-1995
Purchasing a Hampton Roads Area Home for Sale
The Hampton Roads area is a fantastic place for Baby Boomers and Beyond. With its number of recreational amenities and attractions, this area will make anybody’s retirement exponentially better.
As a Hampton Roads real estate expert who specializes in working with Seniors, I’ll provide you with invaluable resources that I’ve developed just for seniors, including:
- Hampton Roads Safety Tips
- Questions to Ask Retirement Communities
- Fun things to do
- Home Remodeling Tips
- Hampton Roads Senior Directory
- And more!
Until next time,