Spring is an incredible time to be living in the Hampton Roads, VA area. We’ve survived one more winter, the sun shines more often and there are plenty of outdoor events going on.
Here’s a look at some of those fun, springtime events going on this week in Hampton Roads, VA area.
Bluegrass Performance: Hear from a variety of bluegrass artists including Travis Holloway & Coastline Bluegrass Band and Irva and Sassy & Winds of Grass Bluegrass band. Weather permitting, this event will be outside. This event is perfecting for celebrating Virginian musical culture!
- When: 7 to 9 p.m. on May 7
- Where: Dairy Queen Restaurant in Windsor, VA
- Admission: Free. Donations accepted.
- More Info: Call Irv or Sassy Baugham at 757-488-9279
Historic Homes Tour: Revel in the grandiose architecture of area antique historic buildings, and country gardens. Properties on the tour include Piney Grove at Southall’s Plantation, Piney Grove (1790), Ashland (1835) and Ladysmith (1857). There will also be exterior visits to Dower Quarter (1835) and Duck Church (1917).
- When:3 to 5 p.m on May 7
- Where: Piney Grove at Southall’s Plantation, Route 5 Virginia Scenic Byway
in Williamsburg, VA
- Admission: $20 per person by advance reservation
- More Info: Contact Cindy Hart at 804-829-2196
Seafood Festival: Enjoy this annual festival that celebrates the maritime culture of Virginia. Try tasty plates of clams, oysters and fried fish as well!
- When: 12 p.m. to 4 p.m. on May 7
- Where: Tom’s Cove Park, 8128 Beebe Road in Chincoteague Island, VA
- Admission: $40 per ticket
- More Info: Contact Suzanne Taylor at 757-336-6161
Thinking About Entering the Hampton Roads, VA Real Estate Market?
I’ll also provide you with a number of invaluable Hampton Roads home buyer resources, including:
- Hampton Roads buying guide
- Senior home buying tips
- Featured Properties
- Mortgage Calculator
- Buyer FAQs
- And more!
Until next time,