As the weather starts to warm up here in Hampton Roads, Virginia, it seems like there are more and more options available for how one can spend their free time.
Below I’ve compiled just a small sampling of all the enjoyable events going on this month in the Hampton Roads area.
Relocating to Hampton Roads, VA
If you lived in Hampton Roads, VA, you would have access to an array of recreational activities every week. Here’s what’s going on this week in the Hampton Roads area.
Virginia Indian Heritage Lectures: Speaker Helen C. Rountree will examine the perceptions that early English colonists had of Virginia Indians as well as what the reality behind those stereotypes was. She’ll also address how those stereotypes affected history overtime.
- When: 7 p.m. on June 4
- Where: Jamestown Settlement, 2110 Jamestown Road in Williamsburg
- Admission: FREE. A special exhibition is included with Jamestown Settlement general admission of $15.50 for adults and $7.25 for ages 6 through 12.
- More Info: Call 757-253-4838
Senior Artfest 2011: This event, hosted by the Primeplus Norfolk Senior Center, showcases the artworks of those over the age of 50. This event features art created in various mediums, including ceramics, painting, photography and more!
- When: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., June 6 through June 24
- Where: Primeplus Norfolk Senior Center, 7300 Newport Avenue in Norfolk
- Admission: FREE, Artists must pay an entry fee.
- More Info: Call 757-625-5857
44th Annual Hampton Jazz Festival: Who doesn’t love a soulful Jazz number? If you consider yourself a music lover, then come enjoy the musical stylings of such jazz artists as Anthony Hamilton, Charlie Wilson, Soul of Summer, and more!
- When: 7:30 p.m. on June 24; 7 p.m. on June 25; 2 p.m. on June 26
- Where: Hampton Coliseum, 1000 Coliseum Drive in Hampton
- Admission: Tickets are $55 per seat, per performance
- More Info: Call (757) 838-5650
Investing in Hampton Roads, VA Real Estate
As you can see, Hampton Roads truly is the kind of place where you can explore all of your interests and talents.
As your Hampton Roads real estate expert, I’ll let you know about available listings in the Hampton Roads area, answer any questions you might have, as well as offer you all of my Hampton Roads home buying resources, including:
Until next time,