Many places will often tout themselves as a fantastic location for active seniors. Few, however, deliver on that promise quite like Hampton Roads does.
In addition to having a number of senior specific resources – such as assisted living communities and a very involved local senior center – Hampton Roads also plans a number of senior friendly events each month.
Living in Hampton Roads, VA
Here’s a sneak peek at some of the upcoming Hampton Roads events going on this month.
If you’re thinking about relocating to Hampton Roads, I definitely recommend you check out some of these events to get a true feel for this amazing community.
35th Annual Norfolk Harborfest: In addition to seafood samplers throughout the duration of the event, there will also be an extensive fireworks show as well as regional and national musical acts performing. This is a great event to celebrate the Hampton Roads area’s maritime heritage.
- When: Jun 09 through Jun 12; June 9: 6pm – 9pm; June 10: Noon- 11pm; June 11: Noon- 11pm; June 12: Noon- 6pm
- Where: Town Point Park, 1 Waterside Drive in Norfolk
- Admission: Prices vary. Visit www.festevents.org for more information.
- More Info: Call (757) 441-2345
Under the Oaks Art Festival: This annual festival features the works of at least 100 local artists who use a wide array of art mediums. There will also be musical entertainment and concessions at this event.
- When:10am – 5pm, June 22 to June 23
- Where: Currituck Heritage Park in the Outer Banks, 1100 Club Way
- Admission: FREE
- More Info: Call 252-453-9040
22nd Annual Bayou Boogaloo and Cajun Food Festival:Do you have an affinity for spicy Cajun food? Then come to this fun annual event that also features national recording artists as well as New Orleans-based musicians.
- When: June 23 to 26. June 23: 8pm-10pm; June 24: Noon-10pm; June 25 : Noon-10pm; June 26: Noon-6pm
- Where:Town Point Park, Waterside Drive in Norfolk
- Admission: Prices vary, visit www.festevents.org
- More Info:(757) 441-2345
Purchasing a Hampton Roads Area Home for Sale
Many seniors come to Hampton Roads, VA and end up staying for years because of the quality of life this area guarantees them.
While you’re at it, feel free to check out some of the other resources I’ve created for seniors just like you, including:
Until next time,