How was your long 4th of July weekend? What did you do to celebrate our nation’s independence?
Last time, I told you about all of the fun 4th of July events that were going on around the Hampton Roads, VA area.
The truth is, however, that we have fun community events going on all year long! That’s one of the reasons so many people decide to make the Hampton Roads, VA area their permanent home.
Enjoy these Fun Hampton Roads VA Community Events
Here’s a look at some of the great community events that are going on this week in the Hampton Roads, VA area:
7th Virginia Beach Tuna Tournament: Benefiting the EQUI-KIDS Therapeutic Riding Program, this tournament challenges local fisherman to catch the biggest fish they can. There will be two official scales, one at Lynnhaven and on in Rudee Inlet. Even if you’re not a fisherman, this is a fun event to get out in the community and see some big fish!
- When: July 6 through 9
- Where: Marina Shores, 2100 Marina Shores Dr, off Great Neck Rd in Virginia Beach, VA
- Admission: $400 entry fee, free to spectators
- More Info: Call Bob Sinclair, Jr. at (757) 222-2912.
Play Performance: If you have a love for the theater, consider checking out the play Sweeney Todd, which critics have described as “the original gothic music thriller.” The original play won 8 Tony awards, including Best Musical.
- When: July 7 through July 10 at 7 p.m. Matinee performances at 2 p.m. also available on July 9 and 10.
- Where: Barry Robinson Theater at Bishop Sullivan Catholic High School , 4552 Princess Anne Road in Virginia Beach VA
- Admission: Adults, $20; Military, $17.
- More Info: Call 757 523-0876
Comedic Performance: During this Hampton Roads area performance of “The Comedy of Errors,” two sets of twins suffer from a case of mistaken identities. Watch as comedic consequences ensure.
- When: July 6 through July 17 at 8 p.m.; A 2 p.m. show on Sunday is also available
- Where: Phi Beta Kappa Memorial Hall – College of William & Mary, 601 Jamestown Road in Willismsburg VA
- Admission: Adult, $25; Student (14&up) $15; Child (7-13),$10; Season tickets, $40
- More Info: Call (757)221-2666
Investing in Hampton Roads Real Estate
As you can see, there’s always something fun and exciting going on in the Hampton Roads area!
Until next time,