Are you the kind of senior who enjoys experiencing and learning new things often? If so, then I suggest you check out the Hampton Roads, VA area when you’re looking for the best place to retire.
This community has everything a retiree could wants:
Plus that, there’s always something going on in the Hampton Roads area. Whether you’re interested in the performing arts or sports, you’ll find that Hampton Roads has something to offer everyone.
Fun Things to Do on the Hampton Roads Real Estate Market
Here’s a look at some of the fun activities that Hampton Roads area seniors are sure to enjoy during the month of September:
Wine Festival: At the 15th Annual Neptune Fall Wine Festival, guests can enjoy great Virginia varietals, life music, food and more for two whole days! Ticket purchase includes a commemorative wine glass and tastings during the event. Saturday enjoy live musical performances by Lewis McGehee and Vedette. On Sunday enjoy the sounds of Mike Profit and The Ben Phelps Project.
- When: 12 to 5 p.m. on Sept. 10 and 11
- Where: 31st Street Park, 31st and the Boardwalk in Virginia Beach VA
- Admission: Saturday tickets are $30 per adult in advance and $35 at the gate. Sunday tickets are $25 per adult and $30 at the gate
- More Info: Call (757)498-0215
Play Performance: Come enjoy a Tony Award winning play this month in the Hampton Roads area! God of Carnage – which was the 2009 winner for Best Play – showcases the course of events between two families following a playground skirmish. This dark comedy addresses how our society views marriage, parenting and our public personas.
- When: Sept. 13 to Oct. 2; Times Vary
- Where: Wells Theatre, 110 E. Tazwell Street in Norfolk VA
- Admission: Tickets range from $10 to $50
- More Info: Call (757) 627-1234
Art Exhibit: “Wait ‘Til Your Father Comes Home” is a vibrant display of the works of photographer Jason Hanasik and crochet artist Nathan Vincent. Both artists explore the normative ideal of American masculinity and how it influences gender expectations in this contemporary exhibit.
- When: Sept. 17 to Oct. 29; Times vary
- Where: Lorrie Saunders ArtGallery, 424 W 21st Street in Norfolk VA
- Admission: FREE
- More Info: Call 757-627-9808
Thinking About Entering the Hampton Roads, VA Real Estate Market?
I don’t blame you! The Hampton Roads, VA community is ideal for seniors searching for the perfect blend of a quiet – yet active – retirement.
Until next time,